6/5/09

Guitarist Bryan Vargas on His Brooklyn Neighborhood

Latin Jazz guitarist Bryan Vargas (Bryan Vargas & Ya Esta) talks to Clinton Hill Blog about what he likes about his Brooklyn neighborhood:

What I love most about the neighborhood is the general vibe. I truly feel relaxed as I walk down the streets. Other Brooklyn brownstone neighborhoods have a hustle and bustle that we just don’t have here. Folks here are CHILL. People get along. They help each other out. They play with each other’s dogs. It’s a great place to live.

I also love the food. We have some of Brooklyn’s best restaurants, and I love the fact that I never have to leave the neighborhood to eat if I don’t want to.

And I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention how much I love Ft. Greene Park. I think it’s the greatest small park in all five boroughs. It has a peaceful serenity to it that you feel as soon as you step foot on the block.

I’ll save what I DON’T like about the ‘hood for another time. For now we can stay positive!

More

No comments: