9/16/08

Joseph J. Ortego To Be Honored by LIHCC

Attorney Joseph J. Ortego (Nixon Peabody, LLP) will receive the Chairman’s Award from the Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (LIHCC) at its 20th Anniversary Gala on October 11, 2008.

The Chairman’s Award recognizes local leaders for their dedication to the Latino community in Long Island.

“I am truly honored to be the recipient of the Chairman’s Award,” said Mr. Ortego. “My involvement with the LIHCC as both the general counsel and former member of the board of directors has brought me closer to the community as I’ve been able to bring together my passion for the law with that of my heritage."

Mr. Ortego is also a trustee of the Adults and Children with Learning and Developmental Disabilities (ACLD), an agency serving individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. He and his wife, Shirley, reside in Garden City with their daughters Alexandra and Juliana.

No comments: