Here are the numbers and percentages of the uninsured by county:
- Kings County: 335,289 - 15.9%
- Nassau County: 173,349 - 15.1%
- Queens County: 345,196 - 17.6
- Suffolk County: 198,777 - 15.2%
- How is it that the economically challenged Western NY counties of Erie, Monroe and Niagara have lower rates of uninsureds (11.3% - 11.9%) than wealthy LI?
- How is it that Bronx County manages an uninsured rate of 11.1%?
- How is it that 68% of the largely rural Upstate counties (27 of 40) have uninsured rates greater than 15% and as high as thirty per cent in state as rich as NY?
- Furthermore, how is it that NY spends so much while managing to leave millions uninsured?