The ditching of US Airways Flt 1549 and immediate response by passenger ferries is captured in this incredible 10 minute segment video from a security camera.
Here's what you'll see:
- The plane appears to hit water at 3:31:00pm and begins a fairly rapid drift down river.
- The camera zooms in at 3:32.39 to find passengers spilling out onto the wings.
- The camera pans right and records at 3:32:49 the first ferry steaming towards the plane. It makes contact at 3:35:08.
- A second ferry enters the frame from the Manhattan side on the left at 3:36:09, quickly followed by a 3rd ferry from the same direction at 3:36:49.
- By 3:38:00 the ferries surround the quickly drifting plane and began pulling people off the wings.
- The rescue happens while the plane, 3 large ferries and 150 passengers are pushed downstream by a strong current of the frigid Hudson.